Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We're just back from Kilkenny. Gerard and I went for 2 nights to celebrate Gerard turning 40 (which he did 2 weeks ago). We brought Rory as felt he was too small to leave and I'm so glad we did. I missed the other boys so much. Can't see us going away alone again for a long time - feel like I missed out on so much with them not being with us.

I went to Cushendale Woollen Mills and picked up 4 hanks each of a heathery-blue and a nice red of their aran weight wool.








I also picked up a cute little creation which they call a sheep-dog :D

4 comments:

Máirín said...

My husband just turned 40 last week! I totally empathise with missing the children - while it's great to get away and get a break from them; things are pretty fun when they are around. My little guy turns 3 tomorrow - happy days!

Nic said...

Hi there,

Lovely yarns. I looked at their website but no details.

Were they expensive?

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are blogging!!! Great to see your purchases!

One of these years I'll make it to Kilkenny myself, it really only is around the corner from me!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you blogged... Post some more and some more photos with the new dslr!

Mind you as far as knitting goes, I don't know my purl form my drop stitch!

Great photos of the boys!

Noel